There are many methods you can use both online or off to promote your business if you're shy.
On the net you can:
- Write articles and get them published in ezines and web based magazines to promote your business
- Participate in bulletin board discussions offering help and advice to others
- Start an ezine or blog to promote your business
- Start an web based networking group using Ryze.com
- Send out an electronic press release about your business using prweb.com
- Create a web site for your business
- Promote traffic to your web site using search engines and pay per click advertising
Off the net you can:
- Join a local business networking group and buy their mailing list and send out a letter or a postcard introducing yourself and offering a free sample or a discount to new customers.
- Attend continuing education classes that are a fit for the types of products you sell and meet people that way
- To help you overcome your shyness at business networking events, volunteer to be the greeter to welcome people to the meeting or volunteer for a position to help out with some aspect of the meeting. This will take the focus off of you and onto others which will help you feel less shy.
MLM Marketing Blog